Blue Mound Sanatorium

From Asylum Projects
Revision as of 23:06, 3 December 2013 by Squad546 (talk | contribs)
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search
Blue Mound Sanatorium
Opened 1907
Closed 1939
Current Status Demolished
Building Style Single Building
Location Milwaukee, WI
Alternate Names
  • Blue Mound Preventorium



History[edit]

In 1922, Bluemound Sanatorium, a privately run institution for tubercular patients, was acquired by Milwaukee County and was operated as an annex for convalescing Muirdale patients. A year later it was redesignated a Children's Preventorium for the treatment of children between the ages of 4 and 14. It had a capacity of 136 beds. The County eventually closed this facility in 1939.