|Building Style||Single Building|
|Location||Wichita Falls, TX|
The White Sanitarium opened in 1926 under the direction of Frank S. White, a man who had been superintendent at the state asylum in Austin before the turn of the century. He first advocated providing a non-institutionalized lifestyle for his patients to diminish the effects of the asylum itself on their sanity. It was abandoned sometime in the 50′s after being severely damaged by a flood and sat empty for over 50 years. The building was recently renovated and converted into a private residence.