Sasakwa Female Academy

From Asylum Projects
Jump to: navigation, search
Sasakwa Female Academy
Established 1880
Opened 1880
Closed 1892
Location 2 Mi West of Sasakwa, Ok
Alternate Names


The Methodist Episcopal Church built Sasakwa Female Academy in 1880 near Sasakwa. In 1887 the Seminole took control of the school, and Chief John Jumper hired William Packer Blake as superintendent. In 1892 the institution was moved south of Wewoka and later consolidated with a new girls' boarding school called Emahaka Mission or Academy.