|Building Style||Single Building|
The first Black Seventh-day Adventist medical facility was founded in Nashville, Tennessee, in 1901 as the Riverside Sanitarium. Under the direction of Nellie Druillard, the sanitarium expanded to a hospital in 1927, and many prominent African-Americans visited the hospital for treatment. The Adventist Health System closed the Riverside Hospital in 1983. It was sold to First Hospital in 1988. First Hospital operated a behavioral health hospital until 1999, when it had a licensed bed count of 132.