Queen Alexandra Sanatorium
|Queen Alexandra Sanatorium|
|Current Status||Preserved (Partially)|
|Building Style||Single Building|
The Queen Alexandra Sanatorium, a facility for the treatment of people suffering from tuberculosis, opened its doors on April 5, 1910. In April, 1949 it was renamed The Beck Memorial Sanatorium. It closed September 6, 1972. It was built on a high bluff overlooking the Thames River, in an area that was, at that time, outside the city of London. This site is now within the city at 600 Sanatorium Road and is occupied by CPRI (Child and Parent Resource Institute, formerly Children's Psychiatric Research Institute).