Oklahoma State Training School for Boys
|Oklahoma State Training School for Boys|
|Current Status||Closed (As a juvenile facility)|
|Building Style||Single Building|
The facility was originally established in 1904, and has served the people of the state of Oklahoma as a county high school, a junior college, an orphanage, and a Department of Human Services training school for boys. Reconfigured in July 1982 as James Crabtree Correctional Center, a medium-security prison, the complex has housed more than eight hundred adult men offenders and continued in that function at the end of the twentieth century. In the 1990s the facility operated a farm and also maintained a quail hatchery for the Oklahoma Department of Wildlife Conservation. During the 1990s the prison's wild horse training program annually brought mustang owners and buyers to Helena.