Mount Washington Sanatorium
|Mount Washington Sanatorium|
|Building Style||Single Building|
|Location||Eau Claire City, WI|
The Mt. Washington Sanatorium opened in 1916 and closed around 1950. Women of the Eau Claire Anti-Tuberculosis Association (including Jennie Shoemaker, Mary Coffin, and Mary Fitzgerald) donated the land for the new sanatorium built in 1913. The present structure was built in 1937 by the WPA, and the old building burned down in 1948.