Monroe County Infirmary
|Monroe County Infirmary|
|Building Style||Single Building|
The Monroe County Care Center has seen tremendous growth over the past 100 years. In 1899, a vision was fulfilled and the doors opened on a facility designed to meet the needs of the less fortunate. The building , known as the Monroe County Infirmary, was erected at a cost of $40,000 and served approximately 45 residents.
Over the years the needs of the community have changed, and we have strived to reach out and meet those needs with continued expansion. In 1975, Monroe County Infirmary changed their name to Monroe County Care Center, and a new building was added to accomodate the changing population. In 1978, Monroe County Care Center became a Medicaid Certified facility.
As a part of our continuing improvements, another new wing was added in 1995. This new addition is comprised of a large dining room, kitchen, laundry area, activity room, and employee break room. 1996 was a very exciting year for the care center as the doors for another new wing were opened. This wing brought our capacity to a 60 bed facility, and we became Medicare Certified.