Middlesex County Sanitarium
|Middlesex County Sanitarium|
|Building Style||Single Building|
The parcel referred to as the "Middlesex County Hospital land" is a 54-acre parcel of open space in two towns: 47.5 acres in Lexington and 65 acres in Waltham. It is adjacent to the campus of the former MCH hospital (which is now being developed into housing). The hospital was constructed by the county as a tuberculosis sanatorium. Land was acquired in 1929 through purchase and use of eminent domain.