Lima State Tuberculosis Hospital
|Lima State Tuberculosis Hospital|
|Building Style||Single Building|
The Lima Tuberculosis Hospital opened its doors on April 5, 1911 and was one of the first of its kind in the state of Ohio. The facility began admitting patients ranging anywhere from the age of 7 to 70 at an average stay of 3-5 years for treatment. In January 1960, the facility had been renamed to the Ottowa Valley Hospital. While its life as hospital had ended almost fully in 1970, the building was still used for the following 3 years to house a final group of few patients, concluded by a final closure in 1973, when the very last patient was released.