Laurel Heights State Sanitarium
From Asylum Projects
|Laurel Heights State Sanitarium|
|Building Style||Single Building|
- 1910, August, established by the State Tuberculosis Commission as the Fairfield County Home for the Care and Treatment of Persons Suffering from Tuberculosis, renamed Shelton State Sanatorium.
- 1926 renamed Laurel Heights.
- 1957, administration transferred to the Commission on Tuberculosis and other Chronic Illness
- 1959, June 22, began accepting patients with other chronic diseases.
- 1959/60, transferred to Dept. of Health, Office of Tuberculosis Control, Hospital Care and Rehabilitation. Renamed Laurel Heights Hospital.
- 1981, March 12, ceased operations. Facility transferred to Dept. of Administrative Services as of Oct. 8, 1981.