Kingston-upon-Hull Borough Asylum
|Kingston-upon-Hull Borough Asylum|
|Building Style||Single Building|
|Alternate Names||Hull and East Riding Refuge Hull Asylum|
Opened as a private asylum but taken over by the Hull municipal borough. It had consistent problems with underfunding, overcrowding and poor maintenance. Despite a program of additions it was closed it 1880 when a new asylum at Willerby replaced it.The site has been totally redeveloped for light industry and no traces remain.
The Old Hull Borough Asylum by J.A.R. Bickford