|Current Status||Preserved Partially|
|Building Style||Single Building|
In 1899 the city opened the Marion County Insane Asylum (known as the Julietta Asylum) 12 miles southeast of downtown Indianapolis, and operated it until 1938. All patients were transferred to Central State Hospital, but remained open to house short-term patients when the Marion County Infirmary took over the building and property. Later years it operated as a nursing home, then moved to a new location. The original facility is still owned by the county.
Images of Julietta Asylum
Main Image Gallery: Julietta Asylum