Idaho State Tuberculosis Hospital
|Idaho State Tuberculosis Hospital|
|Building Style||Cottage Plan|
|Architect(s)||Tourtellotte & Hummel|
|Architecture Style||Second Renaissance Revival|
In 1920 the building was erected to serve as the dormitory for the Gooding College founded in 1917. The college served students pursuing a Bachelor of Arts degree until 1938. Because the Methodist Church had provided substantial funds to keep the school going, the buildings were donated to the church when the school closed.
In 1941 the Methodist Church gave the building to the state of Idaho for the development of a tuberculosis hospital, however, shortages of equipment and personnel during World War II delayed the opening of the hospital until May 1947. The hospital was in operation until 1976. After the building was abandoned, Idaho State legislators have wondered what to do with the building and there have been unsuccessful attempts to have the building demolished. Recently the building was purchased by Gary Hannon, who refurbished a small section of the historic building to house guests at the "Get Inn". He offers eight guestrooms, which had previously served as the nurses' dorms when the Idaho State Tuberculosis Hospital was in operation.
It was purchased in 2002 by the Tony Woodford