|Building Style||Single Building|
|Location||Clifton Heights, Pa|
The Eyrie Sanitarium, licensed by the State of Pennsylvania for the care of 15 patients, was founded in 1911 by W. W. Hawke, M. D. It consists of a single stone building, and the actual number of patients is usually limited to eight. Observation cases are preferred, and individual treatment, nursing and diet are given. Occupational work consists of farm and garden and general house work, carpentry, basketry and painting. Dr. W. W. Hawke was formerly superintendent of the State Hospital at Warren, Pa., and before that chief resident physician insane department, Philadelphia Hospital.