Blue Mound Sanatorium
|Blue Mound Sanatorium|
|Building Style||Single Building|
In 1922, Bluemound Sanatorium, a privately run institution for tubercular patients, was acquired by Milwaukee County and was operated as an annex for convalescing Muirdale patients. A year later it was redesignated a Children's Preventorium for the treatment of children between the ages of 4 and 14. It had a capacity of 136 beds. The County eventually closed this facility in 1939.