Butler County Infirmary
|Butler County Infirmary|
|Opened||1884 (Second Location)|
|Building Style||Single Building|
In 1830, Butler County Care Facility consisted of three buildings built on 140 acres of donated farm land. This county care facility served and treated those suffering from tuberculosis. A new facility constructed in 1884 at 1700 Princeton Road was designed to care for the ill, poor, and homeless of Butler County. In later years, the Butler County Care Facility was primarily concerned with caring for the aged and infirm of Butler County.
After the passage of a tax levy in November, 1974, a new county home was constructed. The old building was vacated in 1976 and in February, 1983, fire claimed the building and the ruins were soon demolished. September of 1976 marked a new era for the Butler County Care Facility as it once again relocated, settling at its present location on Princeton Road with 68 previous residents. At present, The Butler County Care Facility is a 109-bed skilled nursing care facility created to meet the needs of the individual resident. The Butler County Care Facility is both Medicare and Medicaid certified.